Note Regarding Order of Entries

The posts in the pages that follow are in this order:

May 2012: CAS Graduation—Kyle Harty Strang Spirit of CAS Award
May 2011: CAS Graduation—Kyle's loyal and loving CAS-mates move up.
March 2011: Two incredible articles that appeared in local newspapers
November: Lyrics of a beautiful song written for Kyle by Sarah Crews
July: Things shared on and around the 17th anniversary of Kyle's birth
June: Snippets of Facebook interchanges, end of school year pieces, and other things written to Kyle
May: CAS Memorial and misc. contributions received in May (in the order the comments were made)
April: Kyle's funeral and misc. contributions received in April (in the order the comments were made)
March 2010: Before Kyle's funeral and information about where to make donations in Kyle's memory

Because postings do not appear in the order they were posted, you will have to check the listing in the Blog Archive below to see whether there are posts you have not read, and then click on those posts.

If you made comments at one of the memorial events and/or if you have words about Kyle that you would like to post, send to: jbarber@berkeley.edu

Followers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

From Allie, spoken at the CAS Memorial

Damn Kyle, I really don’t know what to say, except every moment we spent together you took my breath away. It seemed like life was one huge rainstorm, and you were that ray of sunshine coming through. Yeah, that’s you. I think you left this Earth because you were too beautiful for it.

And I’m not gonna lie, it’s really hard down here without you; you were my rock, my backbone. What do I do now? But it seems like I’ve found some pieces of you scattered all around in all of your friends, who have come together and miraculously become my family, and a little piece of you. And that’s only one thing to thank you for. I just want to say, thank you for all the bear hugs, late night adventures, lunch everyday, shopping excursions, long talks on the telephone, long car rides, advice, a shoulder to cry on, a best friend to lean on, but mostly, all the laughter you brought into me life. I don’t feel whole without you, it’s like a big piece of me is missing, but at the same time, I know you’re there watching over me, protecting me like you always did. But I want you to know one thing for sure, your memory will never fade, you will never be forgotten. Because, how could you? You were unforgettable. I know every time we’d sit outside my house and I’d sing song after song to you, you’d always tell me how it was so good it gave you chills. So, I’m up here today to try and do just that for you again. But before I do, I just want to say that you, Kyle Strang, were and always will be my very best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment