Note Regarding Order of Entries

The posts in the pages that follow are in this order:

May 2012: CAS Graduation—Kyle Harty Strang Spirit of CAS Award
May 2011: CAS Graduation—Kyle's loyal and loving CAS-mates move up.
March 2011: Two incredible articles that appeared in local newspapers
November: Lyrics of a beautiful song written for Kyle by Sarah Crews
July: Things shared on and around the 17th anniversary of Kyle's birth
June: Snippets of Facebook interchanges, end of school year pieces, and other things written to Kyle
May: CAS Memorial and misc. contributions received in May (in the order the comments were made)
April: Kyle's funeral and misc. contributions received in April (in the order the comments were made)
March 2010: Before Kyle's funeral and information about where to make donations in Kyle's memory

Because postings do not appear in the order they were posted, you will have to check the listing in the Blog Archive below to see whether there are posts you have not read, and then click on those posts.

If you made comments at one of the memorial events and/or if you have words about Kyle that you would like to post, send to: jbarber@berkeley.edu

Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

From Kyle's "Auntie" Sharon Strang

My "Crocodile"...There are too many words, too many fun, funny, incredible stories, and times we spent together.....just you and me......in La Jolla, Berkeley, LA at Shiela's, kyaking, going to the swap-meet, flying First Class together, shopping together, for both of us, laughing really hard, watching movies, hanging out with your friends, having dinner with your friends, and hearing all your "boy stories", and stories from your cruises, with your Mom.....hot-tubbing under the stars at my house, while it was raining, at 1:00 in the morning, just because I promised you I would. I always told you, you were one of the best things about my life, and that will never change. That phone call we had, while you were at school, after your first car accident (i couldnt believe you actually picked up at school...i felt so honored) was the sweetest....well, just one of the sweetest talks we had. Going for ribs, so we could share "kosher pork" together, at PJ's favorite barbeque place.....the lottery tickets.....going for a cruise, so I could meet Hannah, while she was working at the bakery....my last time, spent with my Crocodile. My heart is broken, and my world seems catiwumpus.....but I carry your heart in my heart forever and ever......for as long as I live, Crocodile. You always were, are are, one of the best things about my life. I can still hear you say, "Hey auntie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment